The Governor's Office Photo Gallery
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING AND PRINTING PHOTOGRAPHS
Please note that archival JPEG files are very large, and portions of these photos may get cut off when printing directly from the Web. These files are intended for downloading only.
DOWNLOADING AN IMAGE:
- "Right-click" (PC) or "CTRL-click" (Mac) on the JPEG or PDF link next to the image you would like to download and select "Save Target As..." (PC/Internet Explorer) or "Download Linked File As..." (Mac/Safari).
- Click on the JPEG or PDF link and "Right-click" or "CTRL-click" (as in example #1) after the image appears in your browser window. (Mac OS X will automatically download the image file if the PDF link is selected.)
PRINTING AN IMAGE:
Instructions for printing PDF files online (PC):
- Select the PDF format of the image.
- Click on the "Print" tab in the box that appears after the photo downloads. Your printer dialog box should appear.
- Make the appropriate color, paper, direction, and size changes within your print dialog box. Make sure to select "fit to size" so that the image will not be cropped if the file size is larger than your paper dimensions.
REQUESTING A PRINT:
If you do not have access to a printer, you may save the photos on a CD or DVD, and take them to a commercial photo printing company. Most photo processing stores, shopping mall photo kiosks, major drug stores, and discount warehouses can print photos from these disks. Some companies also allow you to upload images to their Web site and will send you printed photos by mail for a nominal fee.
If you do not wish to use these methods to obtain prints, the Governor's Office can print photos for you. The cost for one 8"x10" color photo is $20.00, with a turnaround time of approximately five weeks. Please E-mail the Governor's Office for more information on how to obtain a print. In your E-mail, please include the mailing address where the photo is to be sent; your name, address (if different from the mailing address), and phone number; and the number and date beneath the thumbnail you would like to have printed.
If you have difficulty viewing, downloading, or printing from this Web site, please E-mail the Maryland Archives Webmaster for assistance.